Background

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

VEGGIE SOUP


Saturday I had the urge to make some homemade vegetable soup. I used to cook more, but found that just for myself, it's easier to fix light smaller meals. I use my crockpot more now for single or two-day meals.

I was at the grocery Thursday and picked up a few things I needed for my soup. At the last minute, I had to change the name to Chicken Vegetable Soup. I decided to add two cans of chicken breast meat to the veggies.

My soup had fresh broccoli, cauliflower, pearl onions, carrots, and peas, with added Swanson Chicken Broth and water. It simmered on the stove for about three hours before the aroma woke my hunger pains. It was good soup and now I have enough for the next couple days.

I was going to share with someone, but since I am no longer in the loop of information as in the past, the person was not available to share with. His loss for sure, because when I do cook, IT'S GOOD!

No comments: