Background

Saturday, January 4, 2014

SNOW, OLIVES AND SWISS CHEESE

I'm a fan of Dr. Oz and on one of his shows he talked about olives and swiss cheese were good for the body. I LOVE both olives and swiss cheese, even together.

The new year started off snowy here. We had about six inches of snow that fell overnight and besides being beautiful, it is also annoying for driving. Living on a cul-de-sac means we are one of the LAST streets to get plowed (if we ever do get plowed). The city crews spend more time on main streets and side streets, and some residential areas are left by the wayside.


I was going to go to a meeting Monday night, but I could not find out if the meeting was canceled due to the weather. I didn't go because my driveway had not been shoveled yet and the street was slick.

At 5pm last evening, two people showed up and shoveled three driveways on my street (mind was the last one). I was glad because there was more snow predicted for overnight again. We did get a dusting along with heavy winds that blew the snow all over.

This morning I had to get out the broom to sweep off the back porch carpet which was full of snow in order to walk to the door to let the dog out. The screened in porch does not keep out the rain and snow.

It was 7 degrees out when I got up this morning, so I have decided that I would stay inside for a few more days and keep warm. The sun will not be melting any snow today. I've been wondering what to have for lunch, so I think I'll just watch TV and eat swiss cheese and olives and maybe I won't feel like a bear in hibernation.

No comments: