Background

Friday, April 12, 2013

CAR CARE


Last week on a rainy day, I noticed that one side of my windshield was not getting cleaned when using my windshield wipers. I noticed that the passenger side wiper blade rubber was split. I stopped at our local AutoZone store and one of the nice clerks came outside and removed my bad wiper. Since at AutoZone, a customer is able to purchase just one blade at a time (or a pair if needed), I bought one replacement blade and the clerk put it on for me. I was on my way with a clean windshield in the rain!

April is National Car Care Month according to the Car Care Council. Their website reminds motorists to keep their vehicle at peak performance by checking all fluid levels, alignment, and brake functions.

See their website HERE. If you enter your make and model of your vehicle, the site will give you a maintenance schedule for free. The site will even email maintenance reminders to you to keep your vehicle in top running condition.

I used to change my oil every 3,000 miles until I read that it is not necessary to do it that often. So now, I wait until 5,000 miles and it saves money. I've had my truck for 8 years and it still runs GREAT!

No comments: