Background

Saturday, June 7, 2014

HE'S HERE

The little boy that I adopted arrived today. He is eight weeks old and such a cute little guy. He was not suppose to leave his mother until today. He was a little bit scared for the first half hour or so, but he soon warmed up and loved to cuddle on my lap.

He napped on my lap for about an hour and then we went outside. He already knows what to do when he is outside, because of being raised on a farm. He is such a good little boy, so calm and cuddly.

I am going to enjoy the next few weeks getting him adjusted to the house and introducing him to his new toys. Then the training begins. I have a lot of time this month and will gladly spend time outside with him teaching him to sit on command. He already likes to sit I learned today, but formal training is better. Learning one command at a time and mastering it before we move on to the next training step is always best. I like to watch a lot of The Dog Whisperer and Cesar Milan.

His name is Duke and he doesn't mind his new walking harness, which is better than just a collar for puppies. Welcome to the family, Duke, we will have lots of fun in the coming months.


No comments: