Background

Friday, November 22, 2013

WHERE WAS I?

On November 22, 1963, I was at work at 9th and Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. One year out of high school, I took the bus to downtown Cleveland daily to my job running a teletype machine for a stock broker's office. The shocking news came over the wire and we were all stunned at what happened in Dallas that fateful day.

In May of 2006, I made a trip to Dallas (on my way to visit my aunt who lived in Texas), and visited Dealy Plaza. I toured the book repository museum. The photos are of the window area where the shot was fired; the wall mural inside the entrance; and the white X in the middle of the roadway where the motorcade was at the time the shot was fired. This photo of Kennedy hangs on my living room wall. A day of memories.





No comments: