Background

Saturday, April 26, 2014

WORDS

In A moment of CLARITY, I realized I cannot EVER BELITTLE the beauty and tranquility of DUSK.

A: it is one
CLARITY: intellect, judgment, splendor...
EVER: it can mean once or always
BELITTLE: finding fault with, criticism
DUSK: partial darkness, twilight

These definitions are pusuant to an article I read today about the five most beauiful words in the English language this year, as rated by five poets. Because April is National Poetry Month, and they say that poets are the best-versed diction connoisseurs, the Poetry Foundation did the survey.

After reading the five chosen words, I decided to put them all in one sentence.

The article stated that WORD AVERSION is a negative response to a word, and WORD RAGE is a dislike for a word. They used the word MOIST as an example of word aversion, and LITERALLY as an example of word rage.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder – or the ear of the listener – when it comes to the English language.

I used to write poetry in high school and college, but I am still learning as the English language changes or matures, each year adding new words to the dictionary.

No comments: