Background

Sunday, December 1, 2013

MY DINNER

I just love cooking - MY WAY. I was blessed to be able to cook a small cornish hen this year for Thanksgiving dinner. Dining alone is challenging, but I think I have mastered it over the years.

I put the hen in my crockpot at noon and put pats of butter on/around it. About 3 pm, I added more butter and put the green beans and potatoes in to cook with the hen. After checking it hourly, three hours later I had the kitchen smelling delicious and a tender dinner read to eat. As I took up the hen, the meat was falling off the bone, juicy and tender.

I am thankful I was able to have a quiet Thanksgiving at home with my dog and cat, counting my blessings, and I didn't have to travel. I'll leave the travelling to others - I like to cook when I can.

No comments: