Background

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

MY HERO

Jimmie Johnson won another championship. He is seen here with car/team owner Rick Hendrick (left) (Hendrick Motor Sports) and his Crew Chief Chad Knaus (right).


I have been a NASCAR fan for many years. I began to like Jimmie Johnson when he was a rookie. Now he is a SIX TIME CHAMP. He has won the Sprint Cup Series Championship six times. He won championships in 2006 through 2010; he finished sixth in 2011 and third in 2012. He now has one less championships than the two top champs who have seven each: Richard Petty and Dale Earnhardt, Sr. Jimmie Johnson has also been named Drive of the Year four times.

Jimmie Johnson is also the first driver since Bobby Allison in 1982 to win both the Daytona 500 and the Coke Zero 400 at the Daytona Raceway in Florida. He is a champ in my book!!!


This is part of my Jimmie Johnson memorabilia - one bookcase full. Tomorrow I will show you the rest of my collection, because I also collect items for Dale Earnhardt Jr and Sr.

No comments: