Background

Monday, March 11, 2013

TAKE THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME



As you begin your journey to recovery,
know that there are people with you
every step of the way.
Take just one day at a time.
Don't expect more from yourself
than you do from others.
Conquer any anger or frustration
with hope and determination.
Believe in yourself.
Believe you will win this battle
and emerge better and stronger than ever.
Fight pain and self-doubt
with prayer and humor.
Reach out and accept the love and support
of your family and friends.
Know that you will overcome this obstacle
as you have all others.

A poem I read by Ronnie M. Janney
In a book entitled One Step At A Time

I found this book as I cleaned and thinned out two bookcases today in my quest to prepare for my auction sale of a lot of personal property. I am now working on filing a second box since one box is already full and heavy. I put this book back on the shelf, because it had many short poems like this that give encouragement to healing after a traumatic event. I read about half the book today as part of my new journey toward healing.


1 comment:

Exploring Almost Forgotten Gravesites in the Great State of Ohio said...

Thinking good thoughts for you and your healing Gail. I know you are a strong survivor ~~~ your beautiful blog is an inspriration to your readers!