Background

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

MEMORIES OF THE 60s-70s

I was on my way home from Home Depot the other day when I saw something that made me stop on the side of the street. When I saw it, the vehicle brought back memories from the late 1960s to late 1970s.

After doing a little research, this model of Volkswagon Bus was made between 1968 and 1978. I did not check the taillight housing for its exact year, because there was a woman in the front seat at the time.

The Volkswagon gave me the impression of travelers on a great journey cross-country or vacation. The bicycles on the back give them transportation in campground areas possibly. The two cargo haulers on top might mean they have all or most all their personal belongings with them.

The vehicle was parked at one of the local laundromats in town. During their travels, they have probably stopped in several cities to wash clothes. I didn't see the rear license plate, but I did notice that the vehicle comes from a state that does not require a front license plate. (Not Ohio)

I remember seeing many of these VW buses while growing up in the 60-70s. What a rare find here in my hometown!


No comments: