Background

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TOO MANY TAPES


In the past, I have been teased about having too many VHS tapes. Yes, I still have a VCR and it works. I used to tape my favorite shows while I was at work. I have several tote boxes full of VHS tapes and the boxes are heavy. The boxes don't get moved anymore.

I finally found someone who has MORE VHS tapes than I do. When I visited a high school friend in the Cleveland area recently, he had racks and stacks of VHS tapes everywhere. He buys them by the box at flea markets and watches them.

He has a VCR built into a television, but does not have any cable or satellite service and has no outside antenna. Therefore, he never watches TV, instead watches tapes all the time. This picture is only about one-third of what I saw; and the cabinet doors shown are also full of tapes.

Finally, someone I can pick on who has more from the old days than I do!

No comments: