Background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

SENIOR PROM


While in Cleveland last weekend for my 50 year high school class reunion, I visited a friend who I've kept in touch with for 50 years. He had a copy of my prom photo. I used to have one around here somewhere, but I have no idea where it is now.

Looking at the picture brought back a few memories of the past. Joe was my high school sweetheart. We went steady for at least six months of my senior year. When we both went away to college, we became lavaliere'd (the next step between going steady and being engaged back in 1962). We both went to Bowling Green State University near Toledo, Ohio. Our total relationship time together was just over one year.

I'm sorry to report that a few years ago I learned that Joe passed away. I will always remember him as my first-love.

There was a specific group of friends who got together frequently to go bowling, roller skating, go to movies, and especially to go to the prom. I also acquired a copy of the pre-prom group photo. My memory is not as good as it was 50 years ago, but I do know that Tom is on the left with his date, then Joe and I, then a couple I do not remember, and on the right, Betsy and Russ (the friend I've kept in touch with).

Russ later married a gal named Nancy (who is now deceased) and had two girls. How we have changed these past 50 years! Time marches on. To relive the past takes old photos to bring back a memory or two. Salute to the 'days of old'.

No comments: