Background

Thursday, May 17, 2012

MY MOTHER'S DAY


I had a lovely Mother's Day.

My son John picked me up and took me to The Fast Lane Grill for a late lunch. The Grill was serving a special buffett with ham, roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, macaroni and cheese, salad, rolls, and cupcakes for desert.

The food was good and I was quite full when I left there.

The interior is decorated in true NASCAR motif, so I was right at home there. The owner and staff are friendly. One of the gals was telling me about their regular lunch menu, since I had never been there before.

After lunch, we drove around town to see the sights. There is always something new or nearly new that he can show me.

After we got back to my house, I was able to show John the items I had acquired at an auction the previous day. All was quiet until his fire pager went off, and he had to leave for the fire department. Duty calls!

It was a good day with good food, and I got to dress up a bit too!

No comments: