Background

Friday, May 18, 2012

DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT 'EM, BUT I GOT 'EM


I'm not a flower person...by which I mean I don't know the names of many different flowers. I have always been familiar with the 'normal' ones (to me) like roses, carnations, daffodils, peonies, pansies, lilies, geraniums, and mums. But many others are just pretty, but have never been planted in my garden. (The yellow in the back is Sunray Coreopsis; the two in the front are Glowing Magenta Primrose.)

This year I am trying something new – branching out. A couple days ago, I wrote about my peony garden being redone and upgraded. Now it's time to fix the mini-fence and two flower pots that will make my porch look more lively and bright. (Red and white Geraniums and yellow Marigolds.)

The same fellow that upgraded my peony garden, just planted my flowers for me and I think they look great!

The two bird feeders are filled with seed, and now I am sitting on my front porch admiring my new flowers, the birds who have come to visit and eat, with my dog on the porch and my cat resting comfortably in the garden on the fresh dirt. The sun is shining and all is well with me today! BRING IT ON SUMMER!

No comments: