Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

PROS AND A CON


A friend invited me to the Good Hope Lions Pancake and Sausage Supper at the Wayne Township Hall Saturday. It had been going on for quite a while when we got there at 5pm, and the room was still filled with people. I believe the ticket-taker at the door said over 700 people attended so far, and people were still coming in the door while we were there.

The pancakes were delicious; I didn't eat much of the sausage because it doesn't agree with me, but it was okay too. They offered milk and coffee to drink, and of course, I got milk (not a coffee drinker).

I saw several people I knew, some acquaintances, and one special person, Scott. We were close friends about 16 years ago and I have several photos of Scott and his son at my house for Christmas dinner from years ago.

In this small town, it is still possible to lose track of someone over the years, and I recently reconnected with him on Facebook. I visited his home a few months ago, but alas, he was at work, so I talked to his wife for a while. It was nice to see him again, and I hope we can visit again soon.

The only downside to the visit to the Wayne Township Hall was the restroom. I walked in and walked right back out. It was in terrible shape, a real turn-off.

I did have a once-in-a-lifetime experience, during my outing. My friend's husband usually puts the gas in her car for her. However, our first stop on our way to Good Hope was a gas station. I actually watched her pump her own gas. From what I know, that's a very rare thing to see. We women are strong creatures and WE CAN DO IT when we have to, no matter what the event. It was a good time and a good meal.

No comments: