Background

Monday, August 29, 2011

MY DAD


Happy Birthday to my Dad today. I miss him and think about him often. I was a "daddy's girl" growing up. If he were still alive, he would be 115 years old, and wise. He taught me a lot.

He was an engineer and member of the Cleveland Engineering Society. I worked for naval contractors for several years, doing drafting on ship drawings. I'm sure I got my knack for it from him. Later in life, he was a salesman for a company he owned with a partner. I learned to run an old fashioned switchboard by working in his office as a teenager.

While I was growing up, he had his favorite green leather chair in our living room where he always sat. Now it's in my living room, and I sit in it. It's a good reminder that he is always with me. I love you dad.

No comments: