Saturday, July 24, 2010
For those old enough to remember, and those young ones who never experienced it:
1. it took five minutes for the television to warm up?
2. nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got home from school?
3. nobody owned a purebred dog?
4. when a quarter was a decent allowance?
5. your mom wore nylons that came in two pieces?
6. all male teachers wore neckties and female teachers wore high heels?
7. you got your windshield cleaned, oil checked, gas pumped, all for free, and air for your tires was free?
8. laundry detergent had free glasses, dishes or towels hidden inside the box?
9. it was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real restaurant with your parents?
10. they threatened to keep kids back a grade if they failed - and they did?
11. when a 57 Chevy was a dream car?
12. stuff from the store came without safety caps because no one had tried to poison a perfect stranger?
13. when being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited us at home?
14. Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, Laurel and Hardy, Howdy Dowdy and the Peanut Gallery, the Lone Ranger, The Shadow Knows, Nellie Bell, Roy and Dale, Trigger and Buttermilk?
15. when the perfect age was between old enough to know better and too young to care?
16. home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers?
17. telephone party lines?
18. peashooters, green stamps, P.F.Fliers, roller skate keys, cork pop guns, washtub wringers, Studebakers, the Fuller Brush man, Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs?
19. race issues meant arguing about who ran the fastest?
20. being caught with a weapon in school meant a slingshot?
21. oly-oly-oxen-free made sense?
22. water balloons were the ultimate weapon?
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have lived!!