Background

Saturday, October 18, 2014

MY FORGIVENESS

More than a year ago, I was used and treated badly by a young man the same age as my son. He took advantage of me and hurt me deeply. I had helped him in many ways and gave him unconditional love and support. I want to say - I forgive him.

One sermon at church this year was about forgiveness and the words really hit home with me. I must forgive to let go of the pain and move on in life. He will no longer have any space in my life, but I have released my feelings and have inner peace now.


In August, I had another devastating loss, but one I have learned to deal with and move on. A former friend said something that was not true, because she did not know all the facts of a situation. When I verbalized this, she abruptly turned against me and we are no longer friends. It is hard to deal with a person who thinks they are ALWAYS right, even if they are wrong. When there is no empathy, and the person does not have the will or courage to apologize, I accept the loss and move on. I forgive her for treating me badly, and sometimes using and (self-admittedly) manipulating me. I now have inner peace, because I have released the pain from my life.

Forgiveness is the best way to achieve inner peace, because it releases all the pain and bad feelings from within. It also allows the past to become the past, not ever present on the mind. I feel better because true loyal friends would not treat another person in this way. I am probably better off today than I was a year ago.


No comments: