Background

Monday, December 24, 2018

Happy Christmas Eve

Last year, I wasn't really 'into' Christmas; I didn't even put up a tree. But this year I am a little more into it, but not as much as I used to be. I did put up my little 15 inch ceramic tree and my lighted churches, and I mailed out a few cards.

Christmas is usually a day at home alone, just me and the dog watching tv. I have no family anywhere close by, but I'm used to that at my age.

I wrapped a few gifts and made a few people smile, and that's good enough for me. To do something for someone else, to make a person smile, to let them know they are thought of, or that you care, is great personal satisfaction. I don't expect anything in return. Make other's happy. Put a smile on someone's face. A good goal.

I went to Christmas Eve church service where we celebrated the birth of the savior, sang songs and prayed. It was very rewarding and uplifting. I enjoy my time at church more now than ever. Christmas day will be a day of quiet reflection and to just be thankful for the blessings I have received. It was a rough year, but I am hopeful that the new year will bring about some changes that are much needed in this world. For example, the healing of people who are sick; the lessening of racism which is destroying our country; and taking better care of our elderly population. Some people shut out the older generation, just because they are old. The older generation has had experience in many things, is wiser on many levels, and can still teach the young great things.

Sometimes even relatives can shut out the older members of a family around the holidays, a time when family is needed the most. Its sad, but life has just gotten too busy to care about the older folks. It's all in the outlook. I will continue to be happy, count my blessings, try to help others, and make someone else smile. When we make someone else smile - the smile will be reflected right back to us.

Happy Christmas Eve to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: