Background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

RELAX! DE-STRESS



April 16th is National Stress Awareness Day. There was a method to the madness about the choice of this date. It is the day after the official Income Tax Day. This is your opportunity to realize that there is plenty of stress in your life. Today is also an opportunity to learn how to deal with all the stress, before it drives you batty. It was originally started in 1992 by the Health Resource Network.


This year the income tax day has been moved to April 18, because of Emancipation Day being celebrated in Washington D.C. on Friday, because of the Saturday holiday. On April 16, 1862, President Lincoln signed an act abolishing slavery in the District of Columbia, an important step in the long road toward full emancipation for African Americans.





April 16th is also National Librarian Day. They are honored because they are some of the most knowledgeable people. When you are looking for a book, or section, or specific research item, they can always point you in the right direction. They also know the Dewey Decimal System and know where to find the genealogy records, and how to run all their library equipment. They are a wealth of resources and information.

I'm going to take the day to de-stress from all my troubles. I will relax and forget my problems, whatever they may be. I will send a Facebook message to my friendly librarian who helps me each time I ask her, and yes, Cindy is a wealth of information. I already filed my taxes so I don't have to worry about today, or Monday. Enjoy your weekend, the month is only half over.

No comments: