Background

Monday, May 24, 2010

THE GRASS IS NOT GREENER


Yard work is just not my bag. Not anymore. Small projects are much easier for me, but I worked hard Sunday out in the hot sun.

I assisted John in cleaning up a brush growth that was not all mine to take care of. It was tall, ugly, and sat on the property line between my other house and the next door neighbor. The neighbor had agreed a year ago to remove it all. However, after a year of waiting and talking to the neighbor again, I was told to go ahead and take care of it.

After John mowed the yard, I borrowed a chain saw and he started cutting down the brush. It was a collection of small wooded growth, and a small tree that branched out looking more like a large bushy looking thing. It just was growth, not really anything to look at or admire. I pulled greenery, weeds, raked the area and we bagged up the mess. There is still a little more work to be done, but the heat got to us after a while.

I also worked in the house, since the tenants were moved out. I had to clean up the mess they left and take out the trash. I didn't get it all done, but this week I will be back up there, working on other rooms. The water has been shut off, but I can vacuum since the electric is still on, so far. At least we changed the locks on the doors, and the neighbor watches the house for intruders, or if the former tenants try to come back. The few items they left are being disposed of in my cleanup effort.

I worked harder today, inside and outside of that house than I have in a long time. I sure got my exercise, AGAIN. I know, its good for me!

After getting home, a quick sandwich, and sitting in the cool breeze for a while, I went in to lie down for a bit to rest up. I was surprised when I woke up three hours later. I guess the body needed a recharge.

Monday is the start of a new week, more cleanup and more work scheduled. Another busy, happy weekend. At least the weather is getting better, and I look forward to more sunshine - I just have to watch getting overheated by doing too much at one time.

1 comment:

Sue's News said...

Did you take pictures of flowers in your yard?