Background

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Wisdom and Knowledge

"The greatest achievements of your life begin the moment you take the wisdom and knowledge you have gained and go out into the world to share it with others."

Maybe that's why I like to teach - give crochet lessons to others. I've been crocheting for over 40 years and have made so many things. I made King Size Bedspreads, couch sized blankets, many hats, baby hats and blankets, and so much more. I have 2 items in the works right now (a couch blanket and a lap blanket).

When I learned that the Red Cross in Kettering, Ohio needed red hats, I sent them a box of them. When I learned that the preemies in the NICU unit at Kettering Hospital needed baby blankets and hats, I sent them boxes (3 times). When I learned that a group of women Cancer patients needed hats, I donated some I had made. Giving to others - it is so fulfilling and satisfying - just to make someone smile.

"Though an inheritance of acres may be bequeathed, an inheritance of knowledge and wisdom cannot." The well-educated can share their knowledge and the elderly can share both knowledge and wisdom. Listen, for you will learn much.

Note: Colors don't show up well, but the above blanket is scarlet and grey for OSU.

No comments: