Background

Monday, January 28, 2013

A JOURNEY


For Christmas last month, I asked Santa for a book (which I found was actually a three part series). Around the 15th of this month, Santa brought my 'trilogy' package and I was anxious to get started reading a few days later.

It was a busy week, so I didn't get a fast start. But by the weekend, I was turning pages and moving on. As of now, I finished book one, moved onto book two (which went much faster), and am now about half way through book three.

I love to read, have many books in my four bookcases, and more than 100 on my Kindle. But I must say, I don't remember reading a book quite so fast as these.

It is a deeply moving love story which transports the mind into a soap opera style story. It feels like the story is unfolding in a day-time soap opera with highs and lows around every turn.

The young college graduate meets the handsome, irresistible millionaire who makes a quest to woo her. She is not interested in his money, wealth, or lavish lifestyle since she is from a humble beginning. However, he is the most challenging, hunk of man she has ever known.

He takes her gliding, for a ride in his helicopter, buys her a car for a graduation present, and gives her a laptop, iPod, and Blackberry phone - all the things young ladies would welcome, normally. But she wants to make it on her own!

By book two, on a business trip (flying his helicopter), he fails to return when expected and when she learns the helicopter is missing, she realizes how much she really loves him. Upon his safe return (finally), he knows he loves her and proposes marriage - and a few days later, on his birthday - she accepts.

Book three is their wedding and honeymoon, and whatever experiences they encounter upon their return home from Europe. I'm sure I will find out in the next couple of days, where they end up.

I can't remember when I've ever read three books in one month, let alone in two weeks. But sometimes a story captivates a person and it's hard to put the book down until the last page.

After I finish this trilogy love story, I think I'll read the new book I just got about Abraham Lincoln, since I saw the movie LINCOLN last month. Then I have a desire to read the new book by John Grisham, The Racketeer. I have a collection of his other books and love his writing.

Reading can transport us into soap operas, history, or the complicated lives of unusual people that we would never meet otherwise. Books can also teach us facts, fiction, or just educate our minds. It's a fascinating journey.

No comments: