Background

Sunday, October 10, 2010

A MAN THEORY

A house needs upkeep and there's always something to do. I have learned how to fix many things over the years, and I'm good with tools, but today I tested a well-known MAN THEORY. Men think that one particular item will fix just about anything, so for lack of a better idea, I tried it. I will soon see how long their theory lasts.

The lower part of the back wall of my shower is coming loose. The tiles are protruding in spots. I cannot afford a new tub enclosure since I learned they cost between $200 and $300 for what I need. So today I attempted my "repair." I got out the "MAN THING" - DUCT TAPE. I taped the loose tiles so they were flat again and not open to catching water from the shower head. I know it doesn't look fancy, but only time will tell if this Man Theory works - that duct tape will fix anything!

1 comment:

Derek Myers said...

I had to remove my above comment because it had an error.

Try ceramic tile adhesive ($4-$10) or "Thinset" ($5-$50).

Both can be bought from Home Depot.

Regardless of which one you purchase, both act as a glue.