Sunday, October 20, 2013


On August 18, 2013, I wrote my blog about the finished shed cleaning project and moving on to the September goal of cleaning out the garage. (CLICK HERE to read the blog.) I did not make it in September. Too many things were going on that month, like cemetery work and genealogy.

I had to wait until all the sale items were moved out of the garage and taken to the auction. That happened last week, finally. Today, I tackled the cleaning project to get my garage ready to receive the baby.

I went through boxes, sorted things out, and gathered many items to take to the shed. After two hours of steady work, and lifting help from my friendly handyman, several things are now in the shed for the winter and the garage was swept out. It looks so nice and neat now.

Then it was time to make the big move. Yes, the baby was pulled into the garage where she will stay, safe and warm, through the winter months, never to endure the snow.

This was the final goal made last spring - to clean the attic, clean the shed, and then clean the garage. Inside the house was done first before summer. I feel relieved to have accomplished this large goal and have my yard straightened up for the winter months.

I have plenty to keep me busy during the winter, computer work, reading material, yarn to work with, and an office to straighten up again. It was a very busy day for me, for sure. Before I started the final garage cleaning, the dishes were done, the laundry was finished, and I even cleaned out my tool box. I hope this cleaning bug gives me a little break while the snow flies around here. I need a break!

No comments: