Background

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

JULY STARTS

I took a few days off from writing to concentrate on some household things. The hot tub was readied, heated and checked. Sunday was the trial run and all went well. I spent about an hour relaxing and enjoying some quite time. I'm sure I'll be spending more time in the tub as long as the rain storms stay away until late evening.

As soon as there is a full day without a chance of rain, I'll be starting my shed cleaning project. The weatherman was not too promising for this week, but I can wait until the weekend. I still have a little more work to do out in the garage.

I joined the Board of Directors of an organization in 1990 and we had a meeting tonight. I remember in the 90s being the Secretary of the Board. The organization has grown and two counties have merged and we now meet six times per year. Many Board members have come and gone, but myself and one other woman have been there for 20 years or more. Our Vice President recently resigned and I was just elected VP to replace him. I don't think I've missed six meetings in 20 some years. I've been very dedicated to the efforts and goals of this organization. Our Executive Director has a hard and diverse job and he is doing it with excellence. I am proud to be a member and to serve.

Like any long haired dog this time of year, my dog is shedding. I took her out to the back yard today and gave her a good brushing. She must feel several pounds lighter because my trashcan got full of excess hair. Luckily, she likes to be pampered.

So that's how my month of July started. I hope the weather cooperates so I can start my July project by this next weekend. Goals are important!

No comments: