Background

Friday, July 26, 2013

BREAD AND WATER

Good and bad news. The good news is I will most likely live. The bad news is that for the next 10 days I will be living on bread, water, eggs, and cereal. My diet has been critically curtailed by my doctor.

Looking on the bright side, maybe I can lose a few pounds. This is not my favored life style, but when you have no choice, you HAVE NO CHOICE.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he said I needed to have a procedure done. Ok, I don't like it, but what the hell, suck it up and just do it. Then last night I had terrible pains and called the doctor. So instead of waiting until the end of August, he has moved the hospital visit up to the first week of August. He saw a more immediate need and so did I.

Fortunately, bread, water, eggs and cereal are the only food items that DON'T give me a problem. So when the doctor's office call me this morning, I now have a new time and date for my hospital visit, and a 10 day diet that must sustain me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these next ten days go by quickly, then the doctor can tell me why I had to eat bread and water for so long!

No comments: