Background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

HISTORY DOES REPEAT

On September 9, 2011, my electrician friend did some work for me. When he left the premises, I happen to be going in the same direction and after a couple blocks his truck stopped. He got the truck off the street and I followed him onto the lot to help out.

His old white truck needed a jump. Bad battery maybe??? Or something loose??? He finally got the truck running as his wife arrived on the scene to assist, just in case he needed a ride home. I was glad to help.

Now he has a blue pickup truck. Sunday, my friend and his wife came over and spent a few hours at my house. When they went to leave, I walked out to the driveway with them. He put the key in the ignition and 'click-click'. Nothing.

HISTORY REPEATING ITSELF.

I backed my truck up onto the grass next to his truck and, again, out came the jumper cables. My truck, which I've owned for 12 years, is OLD FAITHFUL. He got his truck running and as we put the hoods down, I hollered, "maybe a new battery soon?" He just laughed.

The irony: the electrician needs his battery jumped now and then!!!

No comments: