Friday, February 28, 2014
KNOW YOUR HISTORY
Did you know???
1. Betty White is older than sliced bread.
Betty White was born in 1922. Sliced bread was introduced in 1928 by inventor Otto Frederick Rohwedder. Bread was sold in whole loaves since bakers didn't trust sliced bread could stay fresh.
2. Harvard University was founded before calculus was invented.
Harvard was established in 1636 and is the oldest institution of higher education in the U.S. The invention of calculus would come in the late 17th century (1684-1687).
3. The Chicago Cubs are win-less.
The Chicago Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908.
4. The fax machine is older than you think.
The first fax machine was invented in 1843 by a Scottish mechanic named Alexander Bain.
5. Tiffany came before Italy.
Tiffany & Co. was formed in 1853. Italy became a country in 1861.
6. What do Star Wars and a France execution have in common?
The first Star Wars movie came out in 1977. The last time the guillotine was used in an execution in France was 1977.
Now you are better ready for Jeopardy!