Background

Monday, February 24, 2014

DALE IS HOT - MY TRUCK IS COLD

Only 25 days until spring, according to the weatherman tonight. I wish it was less, but I'll deal with it. As long as we don't have too much more snow. I can handle the cold weather if I can see the grass and not a while blanket outside.

Good news for the day - DALE EARNHARDT JR - won the 2014 Daytona 500 race after rain delayed the race for almost eight hours. The day race turned into a night race as Dale won his second Daytona race in his career. Obviously, I was so happy for him. He sure acted excited when he won the checkered flag as the caution flag waved at the same time for a wreck behind him. Dale is going to do well this year!

Driving won't be so easy for me for the next couple days. My truck goes into the shop Monday for a major repair. On my way home Saturday afternoon, I was only three blocks from home when I lost all the power steering. After my mechanic friend checked it out Sunday afternoon, I learned that the shaft on the power steering pump to the pulley was broken. Since I have a hydro-boost braking system and four-wheel drive, it will be fixed at a Chevy dealership shop. A new power steering pump will be put on and I'll be back on the road again. The shock to my financial stability will wear off eventually. This too shall pass!

At least the truck will be fixed before my first eye surgery scheduled for next week. I am in for a busy March.


No comments: