Background

Monday, January 13, 2014

TOE TO TOE

I've been out of touch since last Wednesday night. I had to make a condolence stop at a funeral home Thursday and could hardly walk. So I have been home with my foot propped up alternating between ice packs and heating pads. About the only time I get up is to let the dog out or grab a quick bite to eat.

The area between my second phalange and my metatarsal bones (which I like to call the bunion area) was injured (where the blue meets the pink area of the big toe in the picture) and caused the toe and metatarsal area of my right foot to swell so I can't get a shoe on. It was very, very painful constantly; until yesterday when the constant pain eased and the constant throbbing set in.

Hopefully, I will be able to get a loose shoe on by Tuesday, but at the rate it has been healing I'm getting doubtful. The foot is one of the hardest areas to cast or splint, so I will just keep hobbling around until I can walk a little better without so much pain.

At least I have loose slippers, a cane or a walker, to aid in my quest for healing. Slow progress is better than no progress.


No comments: