Background

Sunday, July 28, 2013

COOL CAKE

While cleaning out a box from the shed, I found many old papers which were trashed. One paper I kept because I knew it used to belonged to my mother. It was a recipe for the Robert Redford Cake. Sure looks good to me!


ROBERT REDFORD CAKE

Press into a 9x13 greased pan, bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

BOTTOM LAYER:
Mix 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup soft margarine, 1 cup finely chopped pecans
MIDDLE LAYER:
1 - 8 oz pkg soft cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, 1 - 8 oz tub cool whip
Beat sugar and cream cheese together, then fold in 1/2 of the cool whip and spread over COOLED bottom layer.
TOP LAYER:
1-6-3/4 oz vanilla instant pudding
1-6-3/4 oz chocolate instant pudding
1-6-3/4 oz butterscotch instant pudding
Add specified amount of cold milk to each flavor (make top layer by layering flavors separately)
FINAL LAYER:
Spread remaining cool whip over top and sprinkle grated Hershey candy bar over cool whip.

Sounds good. Anyone want to make one?

1 comment:

Sue's News said...

This is just like my LAYERED PUDDING CAKE except my recipe doesn't call for the grated chocolate on top--mine has chopped nuts on top. SSR