Background

Saturday, May 25, 2013

STRANGE THING

I was out in my back yard looking at my evergreen trees and noticed something strange coming from inside the area under the limbs. I asked my yard man and he said it was a honeysuckle bush growing.

I did some research on the honeysuckle bush and found they are invasive vines or bushes that like evergreens. The name of my particular bush is called lonicera ciliosa. Some species produce edible fruit, some produce slightly poisonous fruit, and they do attract humming birds.




I mentioned my honeysuckle to a friend and she said she knew they were invasive plants and should be removed. My yard man said they should be removed, and he would gladly do it for me.


Therefore, next week THEY WILL BE GONE, whether they look good or not.

No comments: