Background

Friday, February 15, 2013

SHOCK & AWE

There are three special and significant men in my life. One I've known for 50 years; one I've known for 30 years; and one I've known for 14 years. '50' called me today; '30' sent me flowers. I was shocked. 50/30 showed me they cared and wanted to cheer me up after I've had a rough couple weeks. Thank you's to both for making me feel a little better in my time of pain and sorrow.

MEANING OF THE TULIP

Tulips are one of the first flowers to bloom in the Spring, are associated with bringing cheer to the recipient and popular for different occasions.

One website said:

Primary Significance: If you're looking to leave butterflies in their tummies, choose tulips and watch them blush. Wildly popular throughout its history, tulips are a comfortable flower choice and one that expresses perfect love.

The is one of the world's most easily recognized and loved flowers. The meanings of tulips coupled with the immediately identifiable shape of their colorful blooms make them a comfortable flower choice. They are not too elegant, too romantic, too big, too small, or too bright; the tulip is always just right. They are like a favorite pair of jeans or your mom's fresh-baked cookies in that the meanings of tulips express genuine coziness and comfort in all of the right ways.

The meaning of tulips is generally perfect love. Like many flowers, different colors of tulips also often carry their own significance. Red tulips are most strongly associated with true love, while purple symbolizes royalty. The meaning of yellow tulips has evolved somewhat, from once representing hopeless love to now being a common expression for cheerful thoughts and sunshine. White tulips are used to claim worthiness or to send a message of forgiveness. Variegated tulips, once among the most popular varieties due to their striking color patterns, represent beautiful eyes.

Another website said:

Red Tulips

The red tulip's meaning is construed from a Turkish legend, in which the Prince Farhad fell in love with the maiden Shirin. Upon learning of his beloved's death, the prince killed himself, and the legend states that a red tulip shot up from each drop of his blood. Because of this, red tulips in particular symbolize perfect love and passion, as well as a declaration of love.



I put the special powder packet in the water and the directions say they will open within 24 hours. They are beautiful even now.

No comments: