Background

Monday, October 1, 2012

RINGTONES

Ever since I got my first Smartphone, I learned the value of knowing who was calling when my phone rings. Therefore, I made sure to learn more about ringtones.

Most cell phones will allow you to assign a specific ringtone to a specific caller. Old cell phones will not do this. Once I got spoiled with this new feature, I won't go back because it is such a wonderful idea.

I have seven specific people in my “favorites” category on my phone and each has a ringtone especially for them. For example:

LAW & ORDER – my favorite TV show is for my favorite son.


SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS – is for my susquipedalian friend.


BIRD DANCE (sometimes called the Chicken Dance) – is for my favorite nephew.


OVER THE HORIZON – is for someone who makes me feel energized, healthier and happier a few times each month.

MEOW MEOW MEOW SONG (from the TV commercial) - is for my friend and neighbor who also loves animals and has two cats.

TOP GUN – is for the woman who helps me keep my house organized, neat and clean.


DANCE OF THE SUGAR PLUM FAIRY – is for an out-of-town gal friend who is like a fairy godmother animal rescue advocate.


I have a choice of several pre-installed ringtones for all other callers and I change that one now and then as the mood warrants. Right now it's The Peanuts Theme, because I love Charlie Brown and Snoopy.


It makes for variety and as “they” say – variety is the spice of life.

No comments: