Background

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NICE DRIVE


As I got ready to leave last Friday, my cat showed that she didn't want me to go. She kept sitting on my suitcase, before and after being packed. I was saying my brief goodbye to my dog, she did the "paw shake" but would not give me kisses as she usually does. She knew I was leaving her behind. She just knew.


I had a beautiful sunny drive to Cleveland Friday afternoon and arrived safely at my destination. My weekend was to be my 50 year high school class reunion. I had no idea what to expect, since it's been 10 years since I've seen or heard from anyone in my class.

The reunion committee had certain homes that were "host" homes that provided a place for a classmate to stay, especially ones who could not afford a motel room. I stayed with a classmate who lives in Pepper Pike, Ohio, not far from the venue where the event was to be held. I had a lovely time there and very grateful for the hospitality.

Stay tuned for more information on my weekend.

No comments: