Background

Friday, April 27, 2012

BEST NEW THING


I have found the best new thing in my world.

In the past couple months, sleeping at night was something I could only wish for. I would try for hours to fall asleep. Little did I know, I would find the perfect sleeping pill.

My old two-seater (Lazy Boy) style sofa was uncomfortable and so short I had to curl up to lie down. I really wanted a real full-sized couch to stretch out on.

I went to an estate auction last week with a neighbor and found two nice clean couches for sale. The items were from a very clean household. I decided to bid on one of the couches and was the successful bidder at $50. The other couch was actually a set with a matching chair and I didn't need a chair; besides the price went much higher. My neighbor made two purchases and we made arrangements to pick up our items the following Monday.

When I got home, I realized I needed to sell my old sofa to make room for the bigger one. The next day, my furnace repairman came to change the filters and adjust a part which made the blower motor run constantly for 6 solid days. He liked the reclining features of my sofa and bought it that day and took it home on the spot for $30.

The next day was Monday and my new item was moved into the living room. It was covered and pillows arranged and I tried it out that evening. After stretching out and getting comfortable, I immediately fell asleep. Tuesday, while watching television in the late evening, I fell asleep on the couch again. On the third night, the same thing happened.

I realized I had found the greatest sleeping pill to counter my many sleepless nights. The new couch is so comfortable that when I lie down and cover up with my warm blanket, it's very relaxing. When I wake after 3:00am, it doesn't take long to fall back to sleep after moving from the couch to my bed.

My dog also enjoys the couch. She can see out the window or curl up at the end with plenty of room for both of us. She just likes to be there with me. The couch is softer than the floor, she tells me with a wagging tail and smiling eyes.

So with the $20 I saved in pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters, I was able to get the best new thing in my world...a comfortable couch which is longer than I am tall, with plenty of room to share with my best pal, whose wagging tail tells me she's happy with my choice. And I'm sleeping much better this week than last month. I look forward to more relaxing evenings and needed zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

No comments: