Background

Monday, November 21, 2011

HOW MANY SHEEP?


Once upon a time a shepherd was herding his large flock of sheep just off of the edge of a deserted dirt road.

Suddenly a brand new Jeep Cherokee screeched to a halt next to him. The driver, a young man dressed in a Brioni suit, Cerrutti shoes, Ray-Ban glasses, and a YSL tie got out and said “If I guess how many sheep you do have, will you give me one of them?”

The shepherd looked at the young man, then at the sheep which grazed as far as he could see and said “OK.”

The young man re-entered his car, connected his laptop and the mobile, entered a NASA site; then scanned the ground using his GPS, opened a data base and 60 Excel tables filled with algorithms, then printed a 5-page report on his high-tech mini-printer. After a quick scan of the report, he turned to the shepherd and said: “You have exactly 1586 sheep here.”

“That’s correct, you can have your sheep” answered the shepherd.

The young man picked up his choice and put in the back of his jeep.

The shepherd asked him “If I guess your profession, will you give it back to me?”

The young man smiled and said “Sure, why not?”

Without hesitating the shepherd said “You are a Price Waterhouse Coopers or KMPG consultant!”

“Price Waterhouse Coopers, but how did you know?” asked the young man.

“Very simple”, answered the shepherd. “First, you come here uninvited; second, you charged me to tell me something I already knew and third, you do not understand my business, because you just put my dog in your Jeep!”

No comments: