Background

Friday, November 25, 2011

HAPPY FRIDAY


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving day for me. I don't get a chance to cook for someone else very often, so it was very fulfilling to be able to prepare a meal that was so well received. The Cornish Game Hens were so tender they were falling apart when taken out of the roaster. The carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing and cranberry sauce were just delicious. The cherry pie with Cool Whip topping wasn't bad either!

One of the nicest things about the meal was that I have no leftovers. The spoonfuls of each item not consumed went into a "take home bowl" for John to reheat and savor tomorrow.

I am so thankful for the wonderful day and being able to spend it with someone very special to me.

Black Friday, as it's known, kicks off the Christmas shopping season with the major sales in all the stores. However, I will NOT be one of the crowd shoving and rushing to get those specials off the shelves. I have most of my shopping already done, and what has been ordered will be here by next week. I don't have that many people on my list this year, but I do plan early.

Good luck to all those "crowd fighters" out there who are rushing from one store to another for that ultimate bargain. My bargain was obtained today with the good meal and good company, and my savings will be less stress and calmer nerves as I sit home while others rush to spend their money in a hurry on the busiest shopping day of the year. I am so lucky and blessed; the year is too soon coming to an end, and a new year and new era of my life will begin in 2012.

No comments: