Background

Friday, May 27, 2011

THE CARD

An Ohio Department of Transportation employee stopped at a farm and talked with an old farmer.

He told the farmer, 'I need to inspect your farm for a possible new road.'

The old farmer said, 'OK, but don't go in that field.'

The Highway employee said, 'I have the authority of the State of Ohio to go where I want. See this card? I am allowed to go wherever I wish on farm land.'

So the old farmer went about his farm chores. Just a few minutes later, he heard loud screams and saw the Department of Transportation employee running for the fence, close behind was the farmer's prize bull.

The bull was madder than a nest full of hornets and the bull was gaining on the employee at every step.

The old farmer called out, 'Show him your card, smart ass!'

No comments: