Background

Sunday, March 27, 2011

QUIRKY COUNTRY MUSIC SONG TITLES DAY


Put on your cowboy/girl boots and hat and stomp to the quirky oldies. March 27 is Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day.

Now who can forget those great country music ditties like “Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart” by Johnny Cash? Or “Everytime I Itch I Wind Up Scratching You” by Glen Campbell? Or how about Kenny Chesney’s “Being Drunk’s a Lot Like Loving You and It’s Sending Me Straight to Rehab.”

Is there a spring in your step when you hear “Did I Shave My Legs For This?” from Deana Carter or Cledus T. Judd’s “Did I Shave My Back For This!”

Here are some of the old tunes I found:

Tim McGraw’s “Do You Want Fries With That?”
Kenny Chesney’s “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy”
The Dixie Chicks’ “White Trash Wedding”
Tim McGraw again with “Refried Dreams”
Kenny Chesney’s “Someone Else’s Hog”
Marty Stuart's “Too Much Month (At The End of The Money)”

and

Am I Double Parked by the Curbstone of Your Heart?
Billy Broke My Heart at Walgreens and I Cried All the Way to Sears
Cow Cow Boogie (Moo Moo My Love)
Drop Kick Me Jesus (Through The Goal Posts Of Life.)
I Wish I Were A Woman (So I Could Go Out With A Guy Like Me)
If I Had a Nose Full of Nickels, I'd Sneeze Them All Atchoo!

And my favorite (I had this song on a 45 rpm record):
Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?

No comments: