Background

Sunday, December 19, 2010

CHARLIE BROWN'S TREE



Today was an energetic day. I cleaned and rearranged some things in the living room. It's been an old tradition in my family to put up the tree a week before Christmas.

Last year I didn't put up a tree. The season was just not jolly for me. As for this year, I've had a generally rough year for many reasons. But this December, I seem to feel a little more in the spirit of the holidays.

I turned on the radio and listened to Christmas music all afternoon. After moving a few things around, I put up my little Charlie Brown Tree. I love the story of Charlie Brown and his Christmas play and going out to find that little sad looking tree. I found my little tree a couple years ago. It just suits me.

I put one strand of lights on it, to brighten it up. Then got out the package of small items my aunt made me over the years. My aunt does a lot of needle-work and handmade all the ornaments I put up today. I dressed my little goose under the tree and then began wrapping gifts. I don't have a long list this year, but for about half a dozen people it's the thought that counts.

To everyone out there, have a very happy holiday season, Merry Christmas, and I hope all your wishes come true. One of mine did this month - maybe that's what put me in the "spirit."

No comments: