Background

Monday, April 26, 2010

APRIL



Its been a busy month. When the weather was nice, my dog and I took nice walks. When the rains came or it was chilly, I tried to get things done around the house.

A gravel walkway got finished - a task that needed to be done, but I sure couldn't have done it alone. Thanks to my helper (son), I can cross that item off my "to-do" list.

I went to a Democrat Club meeting and also got my Vote Builder class education. I even remembered to go vote in advance of election day, with no crowd or waiting.

I also started volunteering with a new group called Angels Awaiting Maternity Home, which will be helping young pregnant homeless women with their situation.

I got my grass seed put out all over the yard, my pansy's planted, a new gate yard decoration, flower beds cleaned out, the grass mowed, and the porch cleaned up, the place is looking pretty good right now.

Many items were collected and sorted from various areas around the house for two upcoming yard sales. So far one truck load was delivered, now working on packing a second load. I decided to get rid of a lot of extra "stuff" around here. No matter how much I gather up, I'm sure there will be plenty of "stuff" left for next time!

Except for the "water heater incident" and the water leak, which led to a plumber bill for a replacement, all-in-all, it was a pretty good month.

I'm looking forward to a sunny, warm month of May so the many flowers will bloom and brighten the outdoor scenery. Now that April is almost over, I'll start planning my schedule for May. It hasn't started yet, but already has three items in the first week. I am trying to keep busy, and taking things one day at a time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well who says retirement slows people down. You are proof!